DJ Smoooth Mellow-Dee, aka “Smoooth Dee” spins the best in everything from Hip-Hop, Rock and Top 40 to Rare Grooves, R&B and Gospel, yet it’s his extensive music knowledge, international reach and polished professionalism that make him one of the industry’s premier event DJ’s.
Born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri, Smoooth Dee caught the music bug after watching the cult classic movie Wildstyle, which introduced him to Hip-Hop culture. From that point on he pursued his passion by first honing his craft locally to become one of the most requested DJs in his region, and eventually moving to Los Angeles to expand his in-demand brand even more.
Now with a professional career spanning over two decades, Smoooth Dee has entertained massive audiences at various prestigious venues and has grown into an internationally recognized DJ, reaching fans as far as Australia, The Netherlands, and Japan. His charming personality, professional expertise, and extraordinary knowledge of music have won over a multitude of industry veterans and Fortune 500 corporate entertainment entities. He has also showcased his talent through a series of hit mixtapes including “This Is It: The MJ Mixtape,” an ode to Michael Jackson, “NE: The Mixtape,” a Tribute to New Edition’s Hollywood Walk of Fame honors, among others.
In addition to a successful DJ career, Smoooth Dee has also added the titles of Radio Personality, Producer and Sound Engineer to his resume. On radio, he became part of the #1 mix show in Los Angeles on the Stevie Wonder-owned 102.3 KJLH FM, where Smoooth Dee was responsible for playing the classics listeners loved while simultaneously breaking many of the top West Coast artists of today.
In addition, you can find him multi-tasking roles as DJ, Radio Personality, as well as Producer/Engineer of the cyber-syndicated “AM Caffeine Show” on Dash Radio and several other music streaming platforms. He has also worked on numerous projects for well-known artists and his DJ company even earned a feature on MyFoxLA’s Hot List for Best Mobile DJs in the Greater Los Angeles area.
Blending his passion to deliver good music to the masses with astonishing versatility and consistent reliability, DJ Smoooth Mellow-Dee continues to gain new customers, fans and business clientele.
• American Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s
• BET Awards Post-Party by Cricket Wireless
• BET Show Premiere Events (Various)
• Celebrity Catwalk For Charity Fashion Show
• Faithful Central Bible Church “Takeover Youth Service”
• Foot Action/Adidas Block Party
• Golden Key International Honour Society Conference
• Home Depot Holiday Party
• Lexus Listening Lounge Of Excellence, Honoring Cathy Hughes (Radio One/TV One)
• NAACP Image Awards Weekend
• NBC-Universal Annual Holiday Party
• Big Bear Mountain Resorts – Capacity 20,000
• Gibson Amphitheatre – Capacity 6,200
• Playboy Mansion – Capacity 2,500
• The Forum – Capacity 20,000
• The Shrine Auditorium – Capacity 6,300
• Walter Pyramid, Long Beach – Capacity 5,000
KJLH 102.3 FM (Los Angeles), HOTT 107.5 FM (Bermuda), HOT 94.1 FM (Bakersfield), Dash Radio (web/radio app)
Stevie Wonder, Magic Johnson, Jamie Foxx,
New Edition/BBD, MC Lyte, Troop, Lil Jon, Willie McGinest, LisaRaye, Kirk Franklin, and others